Every two years, the University Staff Council and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness administers a university-wide staff climate survey.
Benefits of the University Staff Survey
The survey provides a range of benefits to the institution and its employees, including the following:
- Information about staff perceptions regarding the nature of their work, policies and practices and the general climate at Georgia State.
- Identify areas where staff feel the operational effectiveness of the University could be enhanced.
- Indicate attitudes toward existing programs for staff and to identify the need for new programs. (Of particular note, the survey solicits specific information about training and development programs).
- Guide the actions of the Staff Council, the Administrative Council, the University Senate and other representative bodies through the use of reliable data.
- Survey perceptions of managerial effectiveness and of the quality of the supervisor/employee relationship.
- Identify issues that may facilitate or inhibit staff retention.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal communication efforts.
2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 reports are available for download below.